- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
- Place bacon (from pastured pigs) on cooling racks in a cookie sheet with sides.
- Put in oven for 10 minutes then turn off oven.
- Leave in oven for another 10 minutes (I know it is tempting to open the door and look at it, but trust me, the bacon will still be there).
- Remove and enjoy. And save that perfect grease for cooking eggs, sauteing veggies, whatever.
- Put leftovers in an airtight container in refrigerator. Simply reheat in a toaster oven as desired.
This method also works perfectly for sausage cut into 1/2 to 1 inch slices. Yummmm.