Thursday, July 9, 2009

My love of fat

Oh, I can't tell you how many folks look at me like I have "gone 'round the bend" when I get excited about fat. Now, I am not talking about any kind of fat. The fat that makes me go ga-ga is the demon saturated fat. Yes, saturated fat like butter, cream, tallow and ... wait for it, lard! Nothing makes a pie crust flakier then lard (so I am told - I am more of a cook than a baker, but I feel I must venture forth soon and buy some sprouted flour and try my hand at a pie crust made with lard).

The saturated fat I love must be from grass fed animals. Animals living the way nature intended. Not in confinement.

I could write for days on this subject, but the reason I have brought it up is because I found another blog that had a great article I wanted to share. So why am I reinventing the wheel? Read on and don't be afraid to enjoy the butter!
http://www.odemagazine.com/doc/64/fat-is-where-its-at/all

No comments:

Post a Comment