Sunday, June 7, 2009

Basic oven Meatballs recipe

I served these at a party recently to rave reviews so I promised to share the recipe.

3 beaten eggs (Pastured eggs are best, organic would do if that is all you can find)
3/4 Cup milk (grass fed is best)
3 Cups bread crumbs (I used some stale sourdough wheat and rye I had in the freezer)
1/2 Cup chopped organic onion
4 teaspoons Celtic sea salt
2 teaspoons Cumin
1 teaspoon (+/-) Cayenne
2 lbs grass fed ground beef
1 pound pastured pork

In a large mixing bowl, combine beaten eggs, milk, bread crumbs, chopped onion, spices and mix well. Add meat and mix well again.
Shape into 6 dozen 1" balls.
Place on cookie sheets and bake at 375 for 30 minutes.

These are supper with fermented ketchup (ask me about that). I wound up with leftovers from the party so they went back on the cookie sheet and into the freezer. Once individually frozen I put them in a labled freezer bag. Now I can heat up 6 or so for breakfast or a snack!

No comments:

Post a Comment